Cannabis-Based Oils, Extracts in Alabama?

Alabama State Rep. Mike Ball is currently writing a rough draft of a bill that would legalize certain types of cannabis oils.

Ball, a Republican and retired Alabama state trooper, said the proposal would not open the door for marijuana legalization. Rather, the intent is to help children suffering from epileptic seizures by offering them oils that provide the pain relief associated with marijuana, without the “high.”

Promoting cannabidiol-based (CBD) oils and extracts with low THC content could prove to be a useful strategy for entrepreneurs and cannabis advocates in the South, where resistance to medical marijuana is still strong.

Showing that the plant has more benefits than its psychoactive agents could help bring opponents into the discussion.

But even that won’t be easy.

Alabama legislators have not been kind to medical marijuana proposals in the past. The proposed Alabama Medical Marijuana Patient’s Rights Act, which would have legalized medical cannabis, was defeated 12-2 by the state’s Health Committee in February. Another proposed bill to legalize marijuana possession by registered patients never even made it to the debate phase.

Ball’s bill seems to be a step in the right direction. The lawmaker, who has repeatedly opposed medical marijuana legalization, expressed basic knowledge of the difference between CBD and THC and tried to differentiate cannabis oil from marijuana plants.

“This substance shouldn’t even be confused with medical marijuana,” Ball told WHNT News. “You can’t get high off of it.”

8 comments on “Cannabis-Based Oils, Extracts in Alabama?
  1. Sandra @ Hempista on

Topicals should go over well in the red states too. I think the best ones do contain THC, but that shouldn’t matter because they are mostly non-psychoactive. There’s something for everyone from our beautiful herb, even THC doesn’t have to get you high. I’m looking forward to the day that conservative grandmothers will want to use cannabis lotions instead of dangerous drugs like Motrin (NSAIDS) and Vicodin for arthritis.

2. Windy City on

…medical marijuana, in all its variations, is a legitimate and serious medication as is being discovered by medical scientists the world over and now Colorado is in the process of performing even more scientific experiments reaffirming the benefits of cannabinoids.

It took 80 years or so to wash away the untruthful, negative and destructive propaganda, but the truth is finally being revealed regarding this most productive and useful plant…

3. Rosana Ekelund on

I am so grateful to Eric Oliver for providing me with Cannabis oil here in United States. I was diagnose with Breast cancer 2 years ago, and ever since then i have done a lot of Chemo and Radiation that have not help me, but only damaged my immune system and render it weak and helpless. I came across the Phoenix Tears and i have read about the Cannabis oil a lot and saw that I could provide me with Hemp Oil here is the State, i contacted him on:[email protected] for the procurement of this medication, to my surprise the medication was procured and delivered within 48 hours and i have been on treatment for the past 3 months. Am now here to testify that am no more a cancer patient, I have experience a total transformation in my health sector with Rick Simpson Hemp oil service. for all cancer patient that live in the America and Canada region, get your Hemp oil from [email protected],
    Rosana Ekelund

4. mary on

I have been suffering from Colon cancer lungs with metastasis to other part of my body. Ever since the discovery of this diseases, my entire life have been depressed and emotional down, it was a Death roll Sentence on my life, but still I honor you all for your prayers and concern toward my life and my family and I earnestly pray for God to be with you all, i also use the medium to thanks to the Dr who God has sent to help me cure this unimaginable, terrible and horrible illness called cancer.
    Knowing that i had colon cancer with met to some part of my body break my heart and make me lifeless, My family have never knew true peace ever since the diagnose of this disease and period given to live. My wife heard that Hemp Oil could help, and for the price the entire family was strong in faith and willing to try anything that would save my Life, I have completed the treatment regime with total eradication of the disease from all parts of my body. if you want to get the hemp or cannabis oil contact : [email protected]

5. Leonard on

My Mom was diagnosed of Stage IV Lung cancer which we have been treating for the past 6 years with Chemo, radiation and surgery.She has just been cured with the Hemp oil gotten from Rick Simpson via:[email protected], Rick Simpson cannabis oil is the greatest cure to cancer. I think we should join hands to fight against this Hippocrates called government with their unfavorable policy, we have a medication that is hundred percent assured to cure all forms of cancerous disease and you would not need to spend so much money on, instead the Government and the Pharmacy want us to spend money on chemo, radiation or surgeries that wouldn’t work shit.Rick Simpson Hemp oil just saved my Mom’s life and I recommend it to all cancer patients within the states and Europe.
    Support the Simpsoncannabisoilcarecenter and save lives with Hemp oil of Rick Simpson.
    Joy is the order of the day as my Mom is now back on her feet, so stop cancer, before it steal the joy of your family away from you and go get the Rick Simpson medication and set your love ones free fro the deadly cancerous disease that hold no respect to humans harmony.

6. john hood on

I am Mr JOHN HOOD i has been suffering from Skin Cancer Types Basal Cell Carcinoma which was confirmed to be stage four,
    the doctor told me there was little i could do since i wasn’t responding to treatment but my brother-in-law came to my rescue
    by ordering this hemp oil from Dr WILLIAMS LUNA which he said has been helping some patient fight against cancer
    of various types so we decided to give it a chance, so far i am improving perfectly very well and presently i can walk around
    the house all by myself. I felt its necessary i let others who are suffering from this acute disease that once you have a good Cannabis oil it can really give one a sound second chance of living. if you happen to be in need of this Cannabis oil you can contact the foundation who supplied me Cannabis oil email:([email protected])..