(This story has been updated to include Ayr Wellness and Charlotte’s Web.)
Five cannabis businesses were chosen to Inc. magazine’s list of the top 250 best-led companies.
To compile the list, business-media brand Inc. evaluated public and private U.S.–based companies with a 2020 revenue of $50 million to $2 billion or a valuation of $50 million to $10 billion.
Inc. said this is the first time it has honored both public and private companies.
Stay informed with MJBiz Newsletters
MJBiz’s family of newsletters gives cannabis professionals an edge in this rapidly changing industry.
- MJBizDaily: Business news for cannabis leaders in your inbox each morning
- MJBiz Cultivator: Insights for wholesale cannabis growers & vertically integrated businesses
- MJBizCon Buzz: Behind-the-scenes buzz on everything MJBizCon
- MJBiz Retail + Brand: New products, trends and news for cannabis retailers, distributors and marketers
- Hemp Industry Week: Roundup of news from hemp farming to CBD product manufacturing
- And more!
Companies had to apply to be considered for the list, then were evaluated in four areas:
- Performance and value creation.
- Market penetration and customer engagement.
- Leadership team.