(This story has been updated to include Ayr Wellness and Charlotte’s Web.)
Five cannabis businesses were chosen to Inc. magazine’s list of the top 250 best-led companies.
To compile the list, business-media brand Inc. evaluated public and private U.S.–based companies with a 2020 revenue of $50 million to $2 billion or a valuation of $50 million to $10 billion.
Inc. said this is the first time it has honored both public and private companies.
Growing is all about the lighting: MJBizDaily Lighting Buyers Guide
Read our exclusive guide for strategies and tips from expert cultivators who have amassed decades of experience studying horticulture lighting. Curated by MJBizDaily.
- Horticultural professionals debunk 8 common lighting myths in cannabis
- How cannabis extraction companies can reduce energy costs
- Why experts say the future of horticultural lighting is in LED technology
- Cannabis lighting Glossary of Terms
- Buyers checklist
Companies had to apply to be considered for the list, then were evaluated in four areas:
- Performance and value creation.
- Market penetration and customer engagement.
- Leadership team.