UC Asset, an Atlanta-based real estate investment group, announced its intent to acquire an indoor-outdoor medical marijuana property in Oklahoma City.
The company says it’s finalizing a $500,000 deal for the 4-acre property, “which will be 77% less than the original marked price of $2.2 million” after due diligence.
There is no definitive agreement for the purchase, UC Asset said in a Thursday news release, “and the company is still researching similar opportunities.”
UC Asset said it plans to follow in the footsteps of commercial real estate investment trust Power REIT and has potential cannabis real estate deals in Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia and Michigan.
“Our ultimate goal is to secure properties that will allow us to join Power REIT and a select group of other forward-thinking investors as trendsetters in providing an opportunity for cannabis cultivation while creating remarkable profit for our investors,” Managing General Partner Greg Bankston said in a statement.
Stay informed with MJBiz Newsletters
MJBiz’s family of newsletters gives cannabis professionals an edge in this rapidly changing industry.
- MJBizDaily: Business news for cannabis leaders in your inbox each morning
- MJBiz Cultivator: Insights for wholesale cannabis growers & vertically integrated businesses
- MJBizCon Buzz: Behind-the-scenes buzz on everything MJBizCon
- MJBiz Retail + Brand: New products, trends and news for cannabis retailers, distributors and marketers
- Hemp Industry Week: Roundup of news from hemp farming to CBD product manufacturing
- And more!
UC Asset announced plans to enter cannabis real estate last October.
The company’s shares trade on U.S. over-the-counter markets as UCASU.