Arkansas cannabis regulators on Tuesday announced the five companies the state intends to license to grow medical marijuana under a voter-approved amendment that legalized MMJ for certain patients.
The cultivation licenses are contingent on the companies paying a $100,000 licensing fee and posting a $500,000 performance bond.
Arkansas’ five approved cultivation companies are:
- Natural State Medicinals Cultivation in Jefferson County
- Bold Team, Woodruff County
- Natural State Wellness Enterprises, Jefferson County or Jackson County
- Osage Creek Cultivation, Carroll County
- Delta Medical Cannabis Company, Jackson County
A March 2018 target for the launch for MMJ sales has been delayed by lawsuits from rejected business license applicants.
– Associated Press