Arkansas cannabis regulators on Tuesday announced the five companies the state intends to license to grow medical marijuana under a voter-approved amendment that legalized MMJ for certain patients.
The growers approved by the Medical Marijuana Commission will provide cannabis for the 32 MMJ dispensaries the state eventually will license.
The cultivation licenses are contingent on the companies paying a $100,000 licensing fee and posting a $500,000 performance bond.
Arkansas’ five approved cultivation companies are:
- Natural State Medicinals Cultivation in Jefferson County
- Bold Team, Woodruff County
- Natural State Wellness Enterprises, Jefferson County or Jackson County
- Osage Creek Cultivation, Carroll County
- Delta Medical Cannabis Company, Jackson County
A March 2018 target for the launch for MMJ sales has been delayed by lawsuits from rejected business license applicants.
– Associated Press