(This is an abridged version of a story that appears in the January issue of Marijuana Business Magazine.)
Building out a marijuana grow operation can land business owners in a quagmire of lost time and money if they don’t think ahead and follow some time-honored advice.
According to experts interviewed by Marijuana Business Magazine, entrepreneurs looking to construct a cultivation facility need to:
- Pay close attention to location, factoring in climate variables and the cost of equipment to account for the environment.
- Make sure they have enough capital to ride out any unforeseen circumstances, which are inevitable.
- Develop a realistic timeline, which should account for delays such as working with local regulators.
- Avoid acting as a general contractor. Seek out someone with relevant experience.
- Shop around for several bids. If someone offers to do it on the cheap, be wary that person might try to cut corners.
To read more about the “Do’s” of designing and building a grow operation, click here.
To read more about the “Don’ts,” click here.