Marijuana Business Daily is rolling out extensive coverage of the 2020 general election to give readers timely updates and analysis of legalization ballot measures in five states as well as key federal races that could affect cannabis reform.
MJBizDaily will offer blog reporting and analysis from its reporters as well as detailed graphics and regularly updated results sourced from real-time election data.
“We’ve been providing marijuana industry professionals with live federal election coverage since 2016, and 2020 will be our most comprehensive effort yet,” said Roger Fillion, editorial director of MJBizDaily.
“We’ll build on the election coverage our editorial team has been providing over the last several weeks and months – as well as the industry reporting we’ve been generating since 2011.”
Election coverage will begin Monday at MJBizDaily.com with stories and graphics previewing the state and federal marijuana votes and issues at stake on Nov. 3.
The day’s content also will include video programming via Election Week 2020: What’s at Stake for Cannabis? The panel discussion will feature MJBizDaily journalists Jeff Smith and Omar Sacirbey and three cannabis industry executives:
- Linda Mercado Greene, founder and CEO of Anacostia Organics.
- Robert DiPisa, partner and co-chair of the cannabis law Group at Cole Schotz.
- Lilach Mazor Power, founder and CEO of Giving Tree Dispensary.
Election Day reporting will start at noon MT/2 pm ET and include:
- A live blog providing continuous news, updates, industry commentary and analysis focused on ballot measures in Arizona, Montana, Mississippi, New Jersey and South Dakota.
- Blog coverage and analysis of the presidential election as well as key congressional races that could influence federal marijuana policy.
- Stand-alone election stories and analysis.
- Live election results using charts for each state ballot measure as well as data feeds to continually update the vote.
On Wednesday, Nov. 4, MJBizCon will host Election 2020: Results and the New Opportunities in Cannabis, a live video panel discussion with industry executives and MJBizDaily’s Smith and Sacirbey analyzing the voting results and what they mean for cannabis businesses as well as reform efforts.
Election coverage can be found at MJBizDaily.com.