Former boxing heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is looking to capitalize on the launch of legal recreational marijuana sales in California.
The facility, Tyson Ranch, was unveiled Monday, the same day the Golden State began legal adult-use sales.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Twenty acres of land will be dedicated to controlled-climate cultivation.
- A “cultivation school” will offer classes on state-of-the-art growing techniques.
- The operation will include an extraction facility, an edibles factory and a plant and supply store.
- The ranch will carry out research for the medicinal uses of cannabis.
- The operating company, Tyson Holistic, supports former members of the armed forces by employing mainly veterans.
- The facility hasn’t said when it will open to the public.