New Mexico’s new adult-use marijuana market recorded more than $3.52 million worth of sales from market launch on Friday through Sunday.
Day One of adult-use sales totaled roughly $1.97 million, followed by Saturday sales of $1 million and Sunday sales of more than $550,000, according to figures the New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department (NMRLD) provided to MJBizDaily.
Medical marijuana sales for the same three days totaled roughly $1.7 million.
NMRLD reported 29,191 adult-use cannabis transactions on Friday, followed by 18,227 transactions on Saturday and 10,472 on Sunday.
That’s a total of 57,890 transactions for the three-day period.
The office reported 29,883 medical marijuana transactions over the same period.
Stay informed with MJBiz Newsletters
MJBiz’s family of newsletters gives cannabis professionals an edge in this rapidly changing industry.
- MJBizDaily: Business news for cannabis leaders in your inbox each morning
- MJBiz Cultivator: Insights for wholesale cannabis growers & vertically integrated businesses
- MJBizCon Buzz: Behind-the-scenes buzz on everything MJBizCon
- MJBiz Retail + Brand: New products, trends and news for cannabis retailers, distributors and marketers
- Hemp Industry Week: Roundup of news from hemp farming to CBD product manufacturing
- And more!
The upcoming 2022 MJBiz Factbook projects annual adult-use cannabis sales worth as much as $125 million for New Mexico this year.
The Southwestern state has a population of roughly 2.1 million, but cross-border cannabis shoppers from neighboring Texas are expected to help boost sales.
Solomon Israel can be reached at email@example.com.