North Dakota’s Health Department selected companies to open medical cannabis dispensaries in Grand Forks and Williston, and those companies now are invited to move forward with the registration process.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Two large, multistate players – Acreage North Dakota and Harvest of Bismarck – previously won the state’s first medical marijuana dispensary licenses for Fargo and Bismarck, respectively, snagging permits for the state’s two biggest cities.
- Applications will open in January for dispensaries in Devils Lake, Dickinson, Jamestown and Minot.
- All eight dispensaries are reportedly expected to be operating by next July.
- North Dakota law allows the use of medical marijuana for 17 medical conditions, along with terminal illnesses.
- The state began accepting applications last month from residents for medical marijuana cards.
- North Dakota’s only operating medical marijuana cultivation facility hopes to have cannabis ready by December or January.
– Associated Press and Marijuana Business Daily