Medical marijuana use would be permitted in some hotel rooms under Ontario’s proposed cannabis legislation, giving tourists and out-of-towners with an MMJ prescription a place to consume.
What you need to know:
- Medical cannabis, tobacco products and e-cigarettes will be governed by a single piece of legislation in Ontario called the Smoke-Free Ontario Act, 2017.
- Recreational cannabis use and distribution in Ontario will fall under the Cannabis Act, 2017.
- It’s still unclear how medical marijuana will be distributed.
- It also is unclear how the proposed laws would apply to bed and breakfast businesses.
- There were 201,398 “active” MMJ registrations in Canada as of July, of which 86,000 were in Ontario.
To sign up for our weekly Canada marijuana business newsletter, click here.