(This is an abridged version of a story that appears in the April issue of Marijuana Business Magazine.)
The inside of a marijuana dispensary can be memorable or, well, it can exude all the stereotypes.
Convenient, roomy stores with visually appealing features and displays where product is easily viewed can generate returning customers and, in turn, more revenue.
But stark, fluorescent-lighted spaces with no amenities – such as on-site parking or an ATM – can send customers to the cannabis retail shop a few blocks away.
Marijuana Business Magazine asked marijuana retailers for their advice on how to design a top-notch retail store.
Click the links below to learn about what to do and what not to do when designing a retail cannabis store:
- Open your shop in a convenient location.
- Create a spacious, inviting environment for customers.
- Provide customers with in-store options for checkout or medical marijuana consultations.
- Create visual product displays.
- Design an Instagram-worthy space.