Winners of medical marijuana cultivation licenses in Arkansas will be announced Feb. 27.
The state’s Medical Marijuana Commission has decided that in the next two weeks it will begin reviewing the 95 applications for the five available grow licenses, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The marijuana commissioners gave themselves a Feb. 20 deadline to score the applications. Winners will be announced at a public meeting the following week.
- Grow license winners will pay a $100,000 license fee.
- The commission received 227 dispensary applications in October. The 32 winners aren’t expected to be announced until late April.
- Transportation license are expected to be discussed at the February commission meeting.
- No date has been set for medical marijuana sales to begin.