Major cannabis multistate operator Curaleaf Holdings appointed Matt Darin as its new chief executive officer, taking over from Joe Bayern.
Bayern will stay with the Massachusetts-based company to start “a new division of Curaleaf developing a new CPG-based business model,” according to a news release.
In a statement, Curaleaf Executive Chair Boris Jordan said the company would be “sharing more on the new division and its role in our strategy soon.”
Darin took over as president of Curaleaf in January after serving as regional president for the company’s Central and Southeast regions.
Stay informed with MJBiz Newsletters
MJBiz’s family of newsletters gives cannabis professionals an edge in this rapidly changing industry.
- MJBizDaily: Business news for cannabis leaders in your inbox each morning
- MJBiz Cultivator: Insights for wholesale cannabis growers & vertically integrated businesses
- MJBizCon Buzz: Behind-the-scenes buzz on everything MJBizCon
- MJBiz Retail + Brand: New products, trends and news for cannabis retailers, distributors and marketers
- Hemp Industry Week: Roundup of news from hemp farming to CBD product manufacturing
- And more!
He was previously founder and chief operating officer of marijuana MSO Grassroots Cannabis, which Curaleaf acquired in 2020.
Shares of Curaleaf trade as CURA on the Canadian Securities Exchange.