Colorado marijuana regulators have chosen to continue the contract with Metrc for the state’s seed-to-sale tracking system.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Colorado has used Metrc since 2011.
- The company created the first state vendor cannabis tracking system for Colorado’s medical marijuana market.
- Metrc’s new contract will begin Nov. 1 at a cost of $213,000 for the first year and then $71,000 for each additional year.
- So far, Colorado has paid Franwell almost $900,000 to use its system.
- Massachusetts selected Metrc for its state seed-to-sale tracking system earlier this month.
- Metrc is also the state traceability system in Alaska, California, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, Ohio and Oregon.