Sales of regulated marijuana in Colorado totaled more than $181.1 million in September, according to a summary published by the state’s revenue department.
The monthly sales figure includes:
- Roughly $150.8 million in recreational marijuana transactions.
- Roughly $30.3 million in medical marijuana purchases.
Colorado’s September sales total represents a month-over-month decline of nearly 6.1% from August, when the state tallied nearly $192.9 million in cannabis sales.
On an annual basis, September sales declined nearly 12.3% compared to the same month in 2020.
The learning curve for entering the cannabis industry is steep. Start with the fundamentals.
MJBiz Cannabis 101 Email Course
A 10-part email course designed to educate new hires and aspiring professionals on the key fundamental areas of the legal cannabis industry, including:
- History of legal cannabis in America
- Overview of plant-touching + ancillary business sectors
- Cannabis finance and investing
- Cannabis marketing and brand building
- Employment + hiring opportunities
- And much more!
Gain a comprehensive understanding of this complex industry with this free resource.
Colorado authorities tracked more than $1.7 billion worth of regulated cannabis sold from January to September of 2021.
Monthly marijuana sales reports from the Colorado Department of Revenue are available here.