Workers at Oakland, California-based marijuana distributor Nabis ratified their first union contract, the Teamsters Local 630 announced.
The ratification comes after the employees voted in December to join the union.
The contract includes:
- Guaranteed 28% wage increases for the three-year agreement.
- Four weeks of paid vacation a year.
- Paid sick days and holidays.
- A guaranteed work week of at least 40 hours.
- A Teamsters pension.
Get the MJBizDaily Extraction Buyers Guide, now available.
This free resource offers practical business tips and valuable insights from cannabis extraction professionals to help plan or scale your extraction or processing operation with confidence.
Inside the MJBizDaily Extraction Buyers Guide:
- In-depth guidance for planning a CBD extraction business
- Best practices in sourcing solvents + solventless materials
- Lessons in shopping for extraction/processing equipment
- Tips for outfitting a facility for psilocybin mushroom extraction
- And more!
“What they have done at this company can serve as a model for successful organizing and bargaining throughout the California cannabis industry moving forward,” Lou Villalvazo, the Teamsters Local 630 secretary-treasurer, said in a news release.
The move is the latest organized labor victory in the legal marijuana industry, which has been a focus of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters as well as the United Food and Commercial Workers union.