Workers at Oakland, California-based marijuana distributor Nabis ratified their first union contract, the Teamsters Local 630 announced.
The ratification comes after the employees voted in December to join the union.
The contract includes:
- Guaranteed 28% wage increases for the three-year agreement.
- Four weeks of paid vacation a year.
- Paid sick days and holidays.
- A guaranteed work week of at least 40 hours.
- A Teamsters pension.
Are you a social equity cannabis license holder or applicant?
The MJBizCon team is now accepting 2023 Social Equity Scholarship Program applications.
The mission of this program is to provide social equity cannabis license holders or applicants access to the #1 global cannabis industry conference + tradeshow in Las Vegas.
Who can apply?
- Students currently enrolled in a cannabis-related program at an accredited university or college.
- Cannabis executives at licensed social equity cultivation, extraction/processing, retail, manufacturing/brand businesses (or awaiting application approval).
Don’t miss out on this potentially life-changing opportunity.
Apply to attend MJBizCon today – The application period will close on July 24!
“What they have done at this company can serve as a model for successful organizing and bargaining throughout the California cannabis industry moving forward,” Lou Villalvazo, the Teamsters Local 630 secretary-treasurer, said in a news release.
The move is the latest organized labor victory in the legal marijuana industry, which has been a focus of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters as well as the United Food and Commercial Workers union.