As North Dakota voters look to decide whether to approve adult-use cannabis in the state’s November general election, opposition is mounting.
Former North Dakota Attorney General Bob Wefald is reportedly leading a statewide campaign against Measure 3, the ballot initiative to legalize recreational marijuana.
Fargo TV station KVRR reported that a variety of groups are opposing the measure, including:
- North Dakotans Against the Legalization of Recreational Marijuana
- Cass County Sheriff’s Office
- Smart Approaches to Marijuana
- Greater North Dakota Chamber
Supporters of the ballot measure, including Legalize ND, dispute those claims.
The proposal seeks to legalize marijuana for people 21 and older and also seal the records of anyone convicted of a marijuana-related crime that would be made legal under the measure.
North Dakota’s medical marijuana market could potentially launch late this year.
– Associated Press and Marijuana Business Daily