(This story has been updated to reflect that LeafLink was founded in 2015.)
Artie Minson, a former co-CEO of commercial real estate company WeWork, joined cannabis wholesaling platform LeafLink as president, chief operating officer and board member.
According to a LeafLink news release, Minson will be responsible for managing operations, sales, marketing, customer service and corporate functions to support the company’s scaling technology services.
Minson will report to LeafLink co-founder and CEO Ryan Smith.
Before joining New York-based LeafLink, he served as president, COO and chief financial officer of WeWork – which offers shared workspaces for tech startups and other services – CFO of Time Warner Cable and COO and CFO of AOL.
LeafLink, founded in 2015 in New York, offers services in 30 states and provinces in the U.S. and Canada.
Minson’s executive experience will bring a “step forward for the cannabis space,” Smith told the New York Times’ DealBook.
Stay informed with MJBiz Newsletters
MJBiz’s family of newsletters gives cannabis professionals an edge in this rapidly changing industry.
- MJBizDaily: Business news for cannabis leaders in your inbox each morning
- MJBiz Cultivator: Insights for wholesale cannabis growers & vertically integrated businesses
- MJBizCon Buzz: Behind-the-scenes buzz on everything MJBizCon
- MJBiz Retail + Brand: New products, trends and news for cannabis retailers, distributors and marketers
- Hemp Industry Week: Roundup of news from hemp farming to CBD product manufacturing
- And more!
Minson told the Times there’s “a greater good” in helping to shape the cannabis industry and added that his research convinced him “there are very clear economic, social and, increasingly, medical benefits from the ongoing legalization of this market.”
At the end of 2020, LeafLink announced new funding worth $40 million from a Series C investment round.