(This is an abridged version of a story that appears in the October issue of Marijuana Business Magazine.)
CBD and THC coexist in the cannabis plant. But can they coexist in the cannabis market?
Executives at some THC-focused cannabis companies are growing concerned they will lose profits and market share to CBD-only businesses peddling infused lotions, drinks and edibles.
What’s a THC-driven business to do?
Several industry analysts said educating consumers about the nuances of CBD and THC would help ensure the two cannabinoids can coexist and continue to support a company’s bottom line.
Click here to read 10 takeaways from cannabis executives, including:
- Focus on health issues consumers want to solve and offer products that cater to their needs.
- Determine what consumers want, regardless of whether it’s THC- or CBD-related.
- Lower operating costs by using a membrane-based extraction system.
- Don’t get overly stressed about competition from CBD products, because there are more important issues to consider.
- Convince regulators to allow retailers to sell CBD-only products alongside THC products.