Massachusetts regulators on Thursday issued final licenses to two marijuana-testing laboratories, paving the way for the launch of the Bay State’s much-delayed recreational cannabis program.
Rec sales are expected to begin within weeks. The market had been scheduled to launch July 1.
According to MassLive.com, the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission granted licenses to:
- MCR Labs in Framingham
- CDX Analytics in Salem
Retail cannabis products must be tested by a licensed lab before they can be sold.
Earlier this month, state regulators issued final licenses to two retail stores.
Massachusetts regulators also gave preliminary approval to a number of adult-use MJ licenses Thursday, including:
- East Coast Organics in Leicester – cultivation and processing
- Caroline’s Cannabis in Uxbridge – retail
- Commonwealth Cultivation in Pittsfield – cultivation
- Curaleaf Massachusetts in Webster and Oxford – cultivation, processing and retail
- Theory Wellness in Great Barrington – retail