Sales in Montana’s new recreational cannabis market surpassed $13 million in February, although two different sets of figures offer slightly different versions of the exact total.
Recreational sales totaled roughly $13 million between Jan. 31 and Feb. 27, according to the Helena Independent Record.
That total is a slight increase from the $12.8 million figure for January, the month the adult-use market launched.
However, monthly sales figures released by the Montana Department of Revenue show approximately $13.5 million in adult-use sales in February.
That’s a decrease of 4.3% from January sales of roughly $14.1 million.
Business leaders need reliable industry data and in-depth analysis to make smart investments and informed decisions in these uncertain economic times.
Get your 2023 MJBiz Factbook now!
- 200+ pages and 50 charts with key data points
- State-by-state guide to regulations, taxes & opportunities
- Segmented research reports for the marijuana + hemp industries
- Accurate financial forecasts + investment trends
Stay ahead of the curve and avoid costly missteps in the rapidly evolving cannabis industry.
The revenue department’s year-to-date figures for 2022 show:
- Recreational marijuana sales of nearly $27.7 million.
- Medical marijuana sales of $19.5 million.
- Combined sales approaching $47.2 million.
Montana recreational marijuana sales could total $90 million this year, the MJBiz Factbook predicts, and could grow to $325 million by 2025.