Law enforcement in southern Oregon seized 10,000 pounds of illicit-market cannabis as part of broader efforts to crack down on illegal growers in that part of the state.
According to Medford TV station KDRV, the Josephine Marijuana Enforcement Team, Rogue Area Drug Enforcement and Josephine County Code Enforcement joined forces to serve four separate search warrants.
The raid in Josephine County yielded:
- 12,000-plus marijuana plants.
- More than 10,000 pounds of processed marijuana.
- Multiple firearms.
- More than $400,000 in cash.
Three suspects were taken to jail and all the illicit marijuana destroyed.
Get the MJBizDaily Extraction Buyers Guide, now available.
This free resource offers practical business tips and valuable insights from cannabis extraction professionals to help plan or scale your extraction or processing operation with confidence.
Inside the MJBizDaily Extraction Buyers Guide:
- In-depth guidance for planning a CBD extraction business
- Best practices in sourcing solvents + solventless materials
- Lessons in shopping for extraction/processing equipment
- Tips for outfitting a facility for psilocybin mushroom extraction
- And more!
The state has stepped up efforts in the past few years to combat unlicensed marijuana growers.
In June, for example, authorities seized more than 12,000 marijuana plants from a single site with 32 greenhouses in Jackson County.