(Correction: An earlier version of this report misidentified the source TV station.)
Oregon’s recreational marijuana businesses are leading the way in the U.S. rec industry with a new service: delivery of adult-use cannabis to a customer’s home.
According to Portland TV station KGW, rec marijuana customers can now order from licensed dealers and have product delivered to their home.
Legal deliveries of adult-use cannabis are a new phenomenon. Medical cannabis deliveries, by contrast, are permitted in certain places in the United States.
According to WCSH, rules for delivery include:
- Cannabis businesses can only deliver to residents in the city they’re licensed in.
- Cannabis must be transported in a safe and secured to the delivery vehicle.
- The vehicle can carry no more than $3,000 worth of cannabis.
- Businesses can’t deliver to certain location, including motels, campgrounds or dorms.
- Delivery customers must be at least 21.
- Customers must sign for deliveries.
- Deliveries can be made only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
Delivery services may be located near a marijuana store.