Baltimore’s first two medical marijuana dispensaries have opened their doors.
Maggie’s in Hampden became the first dispensary to begin sales in Maryland’s largest city when it opened Jan. 31, and Pure Life Wellness in Federal Hill opened Wednesday, The Baltimore Sun reported.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Maryland’s first dispensaries opened in December 2017.
- The 2017 opening hoopla was short-lived, however, as the dispensaries quickly ran out of product.
- At the end of last year, 14 cultivators had been approved to grow medical cannabis and the growers were in different stages of production.
- Maryland has licensed 102 MMJ shops, but only 30 have been approved to open.
- The Sun cited a 2017 Goucher Poll that determined that 58% of Marylanders support legalizing recreational marijuana.