Chief Financial Officer Mike Lee and Chief Product Officer Rade Kovacevic will be stepping down from their positions on Dec. 31, the Smiths Falls, Ontario-based company announced Friday.
No reason for their departures was provided.
“These decisions reflect management and the board’s vision for building a best-in-class organization that is well-positioned to deliver long-term growth and shareholder value,” CEO David Klein said in a statement.
“We appreciate Mike and Rade’s contributions to advancing Canopy Growth to our position as a cannabis industry leader.”
The high-ranking departures come just weeks after Canopy’s chief legal officer, Phil Shaer, left the company.
Canopy has experienced significant market-share erosion over the past two years, with the company currently sitting at less than 10% of Canada’s market.
Despite record monthly growth in Canada over the past year, Canopy failed to meaningfully increase its cannabis revenue.
The company’s net cannabis revenue for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2020, was CA$92.3 million. One year later, sales were only CA$95.3 million.
Canopy said it initiated an external search for both roles.
Stay informed with MJBiz Newsletters
MJBiz’s family of newsletters gives cannabis professionals an edge in this rapidly changing industry.
- MJBizDaily: Business news for cannabis leaders in your inbox each morning
- MJBiz Cultivator: Insights for wholesale cannabis growers & vertically integrated businesses
- MJBizCon Buzz: Behind-the-scenes buzz on everything MJBizCon
- MJBiz Retail + Brand: New products, trends and news for cannabis retailers, distributors and marketers
- Hemp Industry Week: Roundup of news from hemp farming to CBD product manufacturing
- And more!
In the meantime, the company appointed Judy Hong as interim CFO and Tara Rozalowsky as interim chief product officer.
Hong previously served as Canopy’s vice president of investor relations and competitive intelligence.
Rozalowsky was VP of beverages and edibles.