The Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission expects to eventually pay for the state’s MMJ program through licensing and taxes, but it needs $7.5 million from the state to help fund the current fiscal year.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Total operating costs for the commission are budgeted at $3.5 million.
- Salaries for five commissioners account for $534,100.
- The commission has budgeted $470,800 to pay senior agency staff.
- Office space and license application processing and enforcement are expected to cost at least $600,000 each.
- The commission’s budget also includes $750,000 for a seed-to-sale system, $700,000 to track licenses and $2.5 million for a revenue tracking and collection system.