FarmaceuticalRX, a medical cannabis producer with operations in Ohio and Pennsylvania, closed a $34 million loan from cannabis real estate financier Chicago Atlantic Real Estate Finance and other unspecified “institutional lenders.”
Proceeds from the senior secured loan will be used “to complete the funding of (FarmaceuticalRX’s) Ohio level 1 cultivation and post-harvest facility, repay existing debt, fund equipment purchases, and for general working capital purposes,” according to a Chicago Atlantic news release issued Tuesday.
“We continue to believe Ohio is a very attractive limited license state and the right market for us,” FarmaceuticalRX founder and CEO Rebecca Myers said in a statement.
The 100,000-square-foot facility is in East Liverpool, Ohio, where the company also operates a dispensary.
Stay informed with MJBiz Newsletters
MJBiz’s family of newsletters gives cannabis professionals an edge in this rapidly changing industry.
- MJBizDaily: Business news for cannabis leaders in your inbox each morning
- MJBiz Cultivator: Insights for wholesale cannabis growers & vertically integrated businesses
- MJBizCon Buzz: Behind-the-scenes buzz on everything MJBizCon
- MJBiz Retail + Brand: New products, trends and news for cannabis retailers, distributors and marketers
- Hemp Industry Week: Roundup of news from hemp farming to CBD product manufacturing
- And more!
FarmaceuticalRX, based in Farrell, Pennsylvania, announced a 2021 loan of up to $21 million from AFC Gamma related to the same production facility.
The company’s shares trade as REFI on the Nasdaq.